Wednesday 22 April 2009

Time out from theorizing .... part two.


From part one cont: …..

So there he is, the little old man leaning on the wall, I am thinking he is going to have a heart attack! He also says he has in his house a stena chair lift, lol he gives me the parcels, I sign he goes slowly down stairs. Now I am think should I do something? Should he be doing this job at his age, and more to the point his health? But what do I know, he could be subsidizing his pension for all I know, I wont be doing him any favours, if I open my mouth, he could be doing the job to keep himself occupied, so as not to get bored, as I said, what do I know? So I leave it, and hope that I have made the right decision, not to say anything.

10.10am ~  well this is the quickest delivery I have ever had, it’s the stuff I ordered form ‘next’ at 6pm yesterday! Just under 16 hours to get here, how’s that for service! I turn my laptop on, and  I  need to try the things on, and everything fits apart from one item, now I ordered the same size for each of what I got, but how comes there is always one item that will be the wrong fit? So now I have to make arrangements for it to be sent back, and a replacement. Other than that I like all the other things and am quite happy.

11.00am ~ first I need to finish the cleaning that needs doing, also I need to make some bread, so I get all the ingredients together and put it in the bread making machine and make sure that is going. Do you want to know why I make my own bread? Because for one, I could not believe how much bread cost when I came back from abroad, like there, it was about 10p a loaf, and fresh with no preservatives in, so it has been worth my while to get the bread making machine and make my own wholemeal and white bread, that have no preservatives and know what has gone into it. I have worked it out that each loaf cost about 50p, so that’s not bad, a?

Noon ~ I finally am able to get on my laptop and look at emails etc while I am there I have to look at the British Gas website, as my electric supply is through them, and I need to sort out with the payment with them, as the DD that goes out each month for it was not enough for the year overall, as I changed from E-on to BG a year ago, because I had a dispute with E-on, for the first quarter in 2008 my electric bill was so high I nearly had a fit when I saw it, I called them but would they look into it? Nooooo! So I changed to BG, now they for the same period is about £85 cheaper, so no problems there, so I call and pay them, out of the way.

1.00pm ~ have done two loads of washing as well so far this morning, need to put another load in.

1.15pm ~ I parcel up the item that needs sending back to ‘next’, then I look for the number to call them, and it is a 0870 number, why do companies do this? So I look on the ‘saynoto0870’ website to see if there is an alternative landline number and there is, and a free phone one at that …. yay, well I have to say the reason why I am happy is because, I pay £5 extra  month on top of my line rental to get free landline calls 24/7 now this is all landline UK 01-02-03-080, so why should I have to pay the stupid prices for these 0870/0844/5 blah blah? I can guarantee that at the end of each month, I do have a bill purely because of these numbers.  I know I sound like a tight-wade, but its no good throwing money away, that’s not right.
So I call ‘next’  and make arrangements for the item to be picked up tomorrow, and a replacement sent at the same time, job done.

1.45pm ~ while I am on the ‘sayno’ website I notice a petition that is going, to get the hospitals, local GP and clinics to stop using these sort of numbers, and I firmly believe in this, they should not be using these numbers, my surgery does, and I think it is wrong.  See this is what I was saying, some people might not be able to afford these numbers, it soon mounts up when you are holding one for ‘a stoopid long time’, oh I have timed my GP service, you don’t want to know, really! Is this not answering and taking ages to answer deliberate? so that whoever the money goes to gets more? So I click the link and sign the petition, also while I am on, there is another petition that I agree with so sign that one as well. These petition sites are lethal for me, so I quickly get off it before I get carried away ……

2.10pm ~ talking about calling my GP, I have to call them to make an appointment, as I have the results from the MRI scan I had done last Friday to get, don’t suppose that will be good news from what happened while I was there having them done *sigh*. 
Anyoo, I finally get through, after waiting 15 mins from the auto voice to someone saying hello, I ask for an appointment and while i am there about my repeat prescription that I sent in last week, and guess what! For the fourth time not only has it been done, but collected by the wrong pharmacy to be filled and delivered …. pft!!!! So takes ages to sort that out, why is nothing simple?


2.45pm ~ I spend a bit more time on the net, perusing my favourite places, while having a cup of tea.

3.25pm ~ phone goes, it’s a friend of mine, spend over an hour catching up, this is a normal thing everyday, she is not having a good time, her hubby is ill, and she is not too good, just come out of hospital, and what with me, it’s a joke I can tell you. We always seem to find something funny especially me, as I want to cheer people up and make them laugh.

4.30pm ~ well, ear hole is aching lol, and my kitteh, Is moaning at me cos she want me to play with her, so spend some time, throwing her mice for her to run after, she is sooo funny, she gets carried away and then starts running like a banshee, thundering about the place, she sounds like an elephant!!

5.15pm ~ time for me to find something to eat, am not very hungry, so have something quick and easy, that done and finished, wash up and put away.

6.10pm ~ well that’s it, am now going to settle down for the evening. I have actually left a couple of things out of here, that’s because its private stuff, you don’t need to know about my bathroom ablutions. 

My 24 hours are done with sharing with you, not very scintillating is it? Been nice to have no dramas actually … lol …..


Laters Tatty xx









*rolleye* generated.


No comments:

Post a Comment