Monday 6 April 2009

Related much?



In the ‘Teeth & ancestors’, where I totally blew my own theory away, it actually made me think about how close our ancestors are, I mean not to just our own line of ancestors, but how close MY ancestors are to YOURS!
See we are brought up in the belief that we cannot marry a relative, well, a close relative, but even a cousin 2nd removed or something in that direction, would be too close for comfort in my eyes, so I don’t even want to go there. 

Bearing that in mind we can all go and trace our ancestral line, might cost us some, to do so, but we can do it, but why on earth we should have to pay to find out our own ancestors, when it is public knowledge anyway, it is wrong. All the information is computerized these days, it is on any site related to what you are looking for, also we do the digging around ourselves, until we get to a certain point then all of a sudden, helloo! You have to pay to actually find out if that person IS an actual relative, you have to pay for the birth and death certificates if you want them, the list is endless. If these are on file and we were able to actually either download them to our own computer or print if off straight from the site, why do we have to pay for someone else to do this for us? Also what does it cost to actually print it off? Take into account the paper, ink, electric, 20/30 pence?  Something like that. Also the envelope and postage another 50 pence? So really top wack £1, right? So why do these people charge ‘stupid amount‘, to do this for us, why can we not do it for ourselves? that’s what I want to know.
I tried trace and to get information on my ancestors, I even got as far as my grandparents, then could go no further, even though it advertised that it was a free site, also a well known site I may add, that I had to pay ’ex amount’ to get certain information, so it all came to a halt,  I refuse to pay these people money for what is essentially MY property in the first place. Well it is my family.

Well well, gone off track again, there’s a surprise! I was saying,  we can trace back as far as possible, we will come a stop eventually as the records probably will only go so far back, well actually they do, so it comes to a stop, records only came about at a certain time,  but that does not mean that we did not have ancestors further back than we can see on paper, in our family tree, oh nooo, think about it!

It is said that we all come from the same ‘gene pool’, now I do not know how to take that, as there are different explanations for this, but this is how I see it with my theory, this gene pool has our genetic makeup, ALL of us, right? Even if a thousand ‘people’ emerged from this pool, they all have the same genetic make up, right?  Because it is said this is the beginning of life! And does not matter how many times the population doubled then trebled, and so on, divided, even continents on this earth changing, the ice age, the whole thing of how us human beings came to be as we are now, it does not change the matter that we are related, every single one of us, well? Does not matter how distant the relationship, we are related, if I have got this right.
You are my brother/sister/cousin/ blah blah, you, reading this, my theory on us, as a human being, are related to me.
now this takes me right back to the beginning what I was saying, of what I said about marriage, the thought as I said, I don’t want to even think about, *shudder* so now you know. I think now, I feel like washing my brain In hot soapy water, to clean all this info out, see how you feel When you go home tonight, look at the people you live with, I do not know your circumstances, you could have just been married for all I know, will you look at that person in the same light now? If you live in a house in a large family, will that look the same now? Will you be trying to guess who is where in the scheme of things? I doubt it, because after all this is just my theory. You may fleetingly let it run through your mind, but then it will have ran soo fast, you will not remember it for the dust it leaves behind.
Also, it could be that, because the first lot of people went their separate ways eventually, ended up on different continents, picked up things along the way,  that we ate or drank, breathed in, climate etc, all these things need to be considered here, that affected us on a genetic level, that changed us, because some of us go through life without anything major happening health wise, others do not, some people have diseases passed down by generation, so our genetic make up must have changed, right?

But, if some part of what I said about being related is true, just think,   no matter where in the world you are, you are related to me, now don’t that just fill you with joy? I can promise you that at family gatherings I am funny, full of laughter, ask my step-mother, she said that once you have met me, you do not forget me in a hurry, now I did not know if to take that as a compliment, or an insult, she assured me as a compliment, so you are missing out my lovely cyber cousin/aunt/uncle/sister/brother!

As for my theory here? Who knows, somewhere on it, I may be right.

Laters, Tatty xx





*rolleyes* generated.

1 comment:

  1. I guess if you belive in the bible literally we are all related anyway as there was only Adam and Eve to make the first offspring hahaha

    So that leaves another theory for you to enlighten us with :) Where do we originate. Are you the scientist, a God believer or have you got your very own Tatty theory :D

    ReplyDelete