Wednesday 8 April 2009

Space junk.
















More importantly ‘Space junk’, and we are all well aware of the rubbish/junk that we throw away which is causing more and more landfills, because we do not re-cycle enough. The reason why basically is maybe laziness, at the moment there is a mountain of paper, waiting for someone to buy, to then re-cycle, now how on earth did that come about? Plastic is the biggest culprit, man made thing, that will not go away! And plastic bags do the most damage, poor  sea faring animals, that get caught up in the handles/can holders thingies, you know the six pack that held together with the plastic that goes round the rims, what’s it called? Anyhoo … them. 
We are forever taking the resources out of the planet, that is not replaced, leaving massive holes behind, void‘s! If we re-cycled more, we would not have to take so much out. 

So you know that we take all sorts from the earth to make things for ourselves, iron, minerals, steel, oil, coal, you name it we take it. These things are used for various things, cars to help us get from ‘a to b’, the oil and petrol to make that car run, you know what I mean, most of it goes hand in hand, we need this stuff to makes other stuff work, yes? Without all this mining, drilling, not only on land but offshore, what would our lives be like? 
We use computers, if we did not have them, what would you be doing? Not only do we need computers for personal use, but for work, more than that, practically everything. so think of the consequences if we did not have this.
Take me for instance, I do not leave the confines of my abode, well its very seldom, not through choice I might add, but that is not something  I will be going into at anytime soon, i very rarely go out, so how do you think I ‘survive’? mostly, thankfully, I have the use of my lappy, this is my lifeline, this gives me the independence I do not have to a certain extent, I have people around me, but I am the type who does not like to keep asking for help and all that goes with it, so take shopping for instance, I do it online, it is delivered, and I don’t just mean food shopping, anything I want I get online. I am probably saving so much of the environment , because I do not have a car anymore, hence I do not use all the resources that go hand in hand with it, plus other stuff that reduces my carbon foot print, but this is not about that, good grief, gone off subject, because I needed to explain the stuff that gets me to where we are heading on my theory on ‘rubbish/junk’. but you understand what I have been saying up to now, yes?

So look at the picture above, with this theory, what do you see? If you do not know, here it is, a picture of our world, and our unused space stuff surrounding it? that is ‘space junk’, it is what we have taken from our  world, and put into space!  Look closely, the mess close to the planet is lower orbit, the rest further away, is higher orbit, looks like we are sitting in a metal bowl, does  it not?
Satellites, space exploration, rockets, its all our doing, us as human beings, putting our stuff in orbit around our world, to mainly make what we use, well, able to use. Who has a mobile? Look at that picture and your satellite is there enabling it to work, TV? Yes look at the picture, you get my drift?  A lot of it is in use no more, it is just there, even nuts and bolts that have come lose, you name it, its there. And the rest that is in use, has to navigate round it, to stop accidents.
This space junk, the ones not in use, is causing problems, like you would not believe,  it is shooting round our earth at 18,000 mph, something like that, if it hits something, well, can you imagine what would happen. 
At this moment in time, we have people working for a solution, there has to be a solution, or we are in big trouble, not only can we not take care of our junk ON earth, we also litter up the space around us! How stupid are we? Well me and you as mere mortals, not stupid, but the ones that built this stuff and shoot them into orbit, without thinking of the consequences, taking earth resources to put into orbit, great thinking, and leaving it there without a thought, lovely, what is the saying? If you cant see it, don’t worry about it? Probably got that wrong, but you know what I mean here.

So this is what I think, and would this theory work?

The powers that be who are working on this problem, have to find a way to bring this ‘space junk’ back down to earth, literally, I mean it. So bring it back down and then what? Well for one, it would probably pay itself, for the time, trouble and the amount of money it cost, to make it possible to bring it back down. Two, recycle everything! I mean, that can be done, but not just recycle it, put the excess back into the earth where it come from, surely we must have taken enough out by now to cover what we will actually use, if we re-cycle it properly, have we not? How much ‘space junk’ would you say is up there? I would say, way too much for us to re-cycle, so put it back, if we put it back, to fill them voids, then we cut down on the pollution, as we do not need to bring more out, do we?  Some people will probably lose their jobs, but not all, because we would need them to put the stuff back, and the end result is we have done something useful for once, well  in a long time. 
But thinking off it, why do we not put the stuff that is going into landfills into these holes that we have made, by bringing this stuff out? Would that not be better? Not so many people losing jobs now is there. So collecting all this rubbish/junk not only from here, but in space can be put to good use. 
If we do not, fill these massive holes/voids that we have left behind by taking all these resources out, what happens?  Does it eventually collapse? I hope I am not sitting on top of one of these, that’s all I can say. 
So a wanted ad, for the person with the brightest idea on how to collect the space junk, would look like something like this …..

REFUSE TECHNICIAN/SCRAP METAL MERCHANT  WANTED.
Applicant must forward the specs and costing, for the collection of scrap metal from lower and higher orbit of earth. No qualifications required, must have common sense, and the knowledge to operate heavy moving machinery. 
Man made structures already waiting for the relocation of the collections ... world wide project, with a view to repeat process every 10/15 years after completion, or when necessary, to the successful applicant. Salary neg.

Please send your CV’s to me, i will pass them on, maybe, as I am thinking of my own ideas,  and may nick yours!



Later, Tatty xx







*rolleyes* generated.

No comments:

Post a Comment